1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Long trip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Tadashi, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I just got done a 1900 mi trip from El Paso, TX, to Petersburg, VA. The first time I drove this in Aug last year I did it at 70 mph and got 49.3 mpg. That trip took about 33 hrs. I used the A/C but kept it on the lowest setting, non-circ.

This time I drove 60 mph and got 60.6 mpg, but the trip took 33 hours. I used the same settings for A/C. So basically this saved me $8 in gas (6.573 gal).

The only incident I had was two possums the size of my Prius (they were HUGE, then again it may have been the headlights making them bigger) were in the dip in the road so I was not able to avoid them in time. I felt them and all the lights on my dash lit up for a couple sec. Got me worried as I was in the middle of no where. :p After a visual inspection I did not notice any damage. I will probably go 70 on the way back. $8 for 3 hours is not too bad.

I did see about 5 Prius on the road. One was even a first generation. Not sure it mattered but I would have car draft behind me. :p The longest stretch was about 70 miles. The biggest problem is the Prius gas tank lasts longer than my bladder. :blink: I would have to stop about every 400 mi instead of the 620ish I could get out of the tank.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tadashi @ Jun 25 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]276418[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't it great!!!!

I brag till Im blue in the face about my1700 mi. trip, from Orlando Fl to Bryan Tx. on 2- 11 gal. tanks of gas. I had the cruise set between 75 & 80. :)

I too had to stop 3 times for bladder drainage but it only cost me like $50-$60 in gas oneway....
    The total cost of gas round trip ($120.00).

My brother inlaw did the same trip in his 02 dodge ram and he had to refuel 6 times at $75 a fill up (Oneway do the math) Again his total round trip cost ($900.00).!

Of course I had to rub it in his face as he was picking on my TOY car... : :rolleyes: :huh: :lol:

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    he's better off flying to Texas lol.

4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member

5. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    oops I mean same route. The first was in Aug 05 and then just this week.

wow no kidding. I think you can get a plane ticket for around $500ish. :p