1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Longer order wait times because of Camry Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by captainanne, Feb 6, 2006.

1. captainanne

captainanne Junior Member

I'm in the bay area and am putting my name on various waitlists for an order. One
    of the dealers told me product on Priuses is down 20% until March, while
    production for the Hybrid Camry ramps up. Anyone else heard this one?

This dealer told me 4 months was the likely wait (Sunnyvale Toyota). Berkeley Toyota
    said more like 2 1/2 months, but i'm wondering if it will end up being longer...

I checked with these 2 dealers based on rec's from this board. Just wondering if
    anyone's doing better than a 3-4 month wait when ordering now...

Thanks!

Anne

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm on a list with my local dealer in Davis, and there's no telling when that one will come in. Then two weeks ago, I called Roseville Toyota and told them what I was looking for. Last week they called me back and said "my" car was on the way and will be here on the 20th of this month. So my indefinite waiting period changed to three weeks... the only down-side is that it will now cost me $1000 more than the deal I'd struck with my local dealer.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's possible. I think they're trying to build up inventory for the Camry Hybrid (and at least have some before they switch to the Kentucky plant)

4. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

I'm finding Prius orders in Chicago at 3-8 wks at the most.

5. joeh4

joeh4 New Member

Been waiting over 5 months now in Chicago pk#1

Joe

6. stealthgirl

stealthgirl New Member

I ordered from Capitol Toyota on Jan. 6. The dealer said 6-10 weeks, depending on whether it comes in the first, second, or third allotment.

I called back after reading on priusonline that production would be limited until March. The sales rep said 12-16 weeks from my original order date.

Take a look at the shipping schedule:
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=1...ndpost&p=205844

7. wbullard

wbullard New Member

Heard the same thing from my dealer in San Rafael, but suspected that he used the story to convince me to take a package 7 rather than the package 8 that I had ordered. I ordered the car in September, took delivery at the end of January.