1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Longer Rear Shock/Struts For Lifted Prius V

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Wyrdrock, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Wyrdrock

Wyrdrock New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I have a Prius V with the 1.5" lift kit and HD springs in the rear. Unfortunately this puts my rear struts at maximum extension which means no extension travel for going over potholes or dips etc, thus resulting in a rough ride as well as not being great for the long term health of the struts. I was wondering if anyone new of longer struts that would fit? As high quality as possible. Thanks!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't know of any but I'm sure there are tons of them You would probably have to get complete strut assemblies which may get tricky You can't just put a longer cartridge in the given strut it won't fit the nut won't go on top that sort of thing so now you're getting into kind of re-engineering the vehicle you see that's going to get kind of tricky but not too bad if you had an extra set of struts out of the back of a one of these cars that could kind of help you out if you know the overall length and all that of destruct If you have the strut out where you can see it the mount points where it attaches to the knuckle all of that I mean there are companies out there that can build you strut tubes in the length you think you need or want with the proper attachment points or the ears at the bottom to attach to the knuckle and then they can even whack off spring plates off of strut assemblies just like yours like from a junkyard well those back on to the new longer tubes and pretty much reassemble seems like a lot of nonsense for you know whatever but you are making a specialty vehicle The person who made these lift kits I guess that wasn't on their minds If you talk to 4x4 people and people who do work on vehicles that do this kind of work there's tons of discussion about similar things not necessarily for a Prius. But the answer to your question I do not know of an off-the-rack situation that's ready to handle what you're doing.