1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Longo Toyota (Cali) Sales Rep just told me they can only get Base model?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusCho, Jun 5, 2009.

1. PriusCho

PriusCho New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Anyone else tried buying a 2010 Prius here lately? I've been on the pre-order list, but then my sales rep told me that they will only be getting BASE models out? What's going on here, should I go to other dealerships? (I've bought 4 cars here previously, so I haven't really been shopping around)..

Anyone in the Los Angeles/OC area in Cali got their 2010 Prius with Package IV?

2. Argyle

Argyle New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well this is ironic. I want a base model and the salesbroad tells me that there won't be any package II's in Western in NY for a couple of months. "That's what they did with the Venza," she says, "They start with the top models and work down."

I think I am going to break it off with that b**ch. "Honey, it's not me, it's you."

3. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I would go shop around. I have my name on the list there as well, but have also put my name in a 3 other dealers. Figure one way or another it will help me get my car sooner. My only problem is I am very specific with what I want so it's taking longer to get ahold of it. V w/AT in Winter Grey and Dark Grey interior. Not too many V's to start apparently and the one's that have made it were ordered long before I started shopping a month ago. Good luck...

4. no_to_co

no_to_co Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, shop around. There are plenty of dealers in LA right now that have the IV in stock (although I'm told that the IV with sunroof are selling quickly). You can always go with Dianne from Manhattan Beach.

5. PriusCho

PriusCho New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok thanks, I'll definitely try and go to different dealerships (I tried the online inventory search and only see some dealerships with new 2010 available... mostly II and IIIs.)

When I contacted Toyota HQ here in So Cal, they sent me a PDF file with #s of how many each model we would be getting, etc. It didn't look too promising for IV or V... V was about 60 for all of So Cal. That's not a lot, and when it comes down to the specific colors/trim level, that's even less.

6. rob2010

rob2010 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought a 2010 III two nights ago as a walk-in customer at Toyota Place in Garden Grove. They had three 2010 Prius models on the lot, my Blizzard Pearl 2010 III, a black II and another Pearl IV or V (forget which).

7. PriusCho

PriusCho New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was looking for the IV with SR. In Dark Grey Metallic or White.

<side note> was looking for a Dark Grey Venza V6 w/ SR, NAV, Premium Pack #2... No luck still. Is Toyota really just cutting back or something? I'm having problems looking for these two cars.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Venza is in high demand. We're also a little short up here in Canada too.

I'd shop outside of your city and see if other parts of CA are getting other models.

Most of the IV SR on PriusChat are from WA and OR.