1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Longo Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gnawl, Nov 30, 2005.

1. gnawl

gnawl New Member

It seems every Prius I see in Los Angeles is from Longo Toyota

Did I miss something? Should I go there to buy mine?

I live on the west side too - not anywhere close - and that's all I see - infact I saw two Prius today with Longo tags on them.

Has anyone had any experience with them? I think I finally settled with Santa Monica Toyota - they say they are the number one dealer for Prius in America

2. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well, they're part of the Penske group and Longo is supposedly the #1ranked Toyota dealership in either Socal, or the West Coast. They have a sister dealership in Rancho Santa Margarita.

3. sunshine

sunshine New Member

They're the highest selling Toyota dealer in the nation. I live in the Bay Area and will be flying down there to buy a car from them. With the numbers of cars they sell, they are less apt to BS and haggle you about buying a car, and they receive far more Prius than other dealerships. I'm 89th on the list and I got a call today from my dealer about a silver #8 because I was next in line. I told him if he'd knock off $3000 from MSRP I'd get it tmw, otherwise, I need to wait til 2006.

My soon-to-be Prius owner friends and I have a Prius pool going to see who is going to get their car first.

-Sunshine

4. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes, Longo is the #1 Toyota dealer in the nation rolling around 2000 cars per month. To give you an idea, Roseville Toyota is the #1 dealer in NorCal and they have the lockdown on the State vehicles that are Toyotas (for those not knowledgeable on NorCal geography, Sacramento is 14 miles away from Roseville) and the most they've ever sold is 1,000 in a month more often in the 700-900 range.

I hear Longo has their own freeway offramp, is this true? :blink:

5. sunshine

sunshine New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Starbuck's, Togos, wireless network and a biz center, they have it all.

gnawl, it might be worth it to get on Longo's Prius list.

-Sunshine

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    do not know about that, I haven't actually been there yet. But they might-they're awfully close to the 10 fwy just west of the 605.

I'm buying from them...I will have my car the first week or two of January. Put down a $500 deposit in Sept. :)
    My salesperson is named Ken...very nice guy. I haven't actually met him yet-just communicated via email and phone; he is a client of my husband's, that's how we got in touch with him.

I've read a lot of good things about Longo on PC, they seem to have a lot of recommendations. Makes me feel that much more comfortable that I'm buying from them...

7. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah I have been dealing with this guy there named Joseph in the Internet Department and he seems very nice on the phone and through e-mail. I put my deposit down in September and should be getting my car in Mid December-Early January.

8. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought mine back in July 2005. I walked in and they had 30 Prius in STOCK (most dealers at 2-4 Prius in stock). Half of those 30 were pending sales, the rest were available. Wow, picked a color and walked out an hour later.

We've purchased 3 cars from Longo Toyota in the past year and always had pleasant experiences.

9. tjbrooks

tjbrooks New Member

I just talked to JJ at Longo. He asked if I wanted to pick up a Black #3 early next week. In addition, a Silver #3 could be had at the same time.

Since ordering, I've decided that I only want Seaside Pearl if I'm paying that much for a car (my first new car, I just graduated from college). He said that he can't tell me how long that might take since it's a rare color.

I put my order in around September 10th I think. I was told that I was 88th on the list. So if you're not on a list, and you want a 2006 soon, there might be some cars that nobody wants at Longo.

Longo was an absolutely no BS deal, MSRP, nothing more, nothing less (unless you have connections).

10. ched1968

ched1968 New Member

i got mine too from rancho santa margarita.my salesman is Bob,very nice guy.i got my Prius '05 in may,they have 10 in stocks then when other dealerships doesnt have any. Very cool dealership, free wireless internet, big flat screen t.v, computer games and sirius satellite radio listening while waiting for service,very cool..oopss had free cappuccino while waiting for my car while in service..OOPS FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS, THEIR PRIUSES COMES WITH THE DEALER INSTALLED SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO WHICH IS INTEGRATED TO YOUR MFD...by the way you mentioned that you going to put in pioneer nav with xm live update,where will you intall it in the car ? thanks. :p

11. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Those small details (free wireless internet, tv, coffee) are a definete PLUS when waiting for repairs or complimentary oil changes.

I'm going to install the nav by replacing the OEM radio. There is a plastic kit that fits there, it won't look 100% clean but at least i'll be able to listen to mp3s and see navigation. I'll post pictures on another thread once it's completed.

12. ched1968

ched1968 New Member

thanks for the reply, cant wait to see what it would look like. looking forward to it. :p