1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Longshot..Looking for the previous owner of my Virginia Silver Prius..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mgcarma, Jun 29, 2009.

1. mgcarma

mgcarma New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, a longshot.
    I know the previous owner to my car was a fastidious owner. The usermanual was tabbed with post-its and it is in phenomenal condition!
    Silver, gray leather, fully loaded. It was purchased in woodbridge and was probably a lease vehicle, as it only has 24K miles. SO, if you owned one, I'd like to get in touch. Mainly to see if you have the second smart key, but also to get the previous service history, etc.
    thanks
    Kevin

2. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You can have the service history printed out at a Toyota Dealership from the VIN. I don't know what to tell you about finding the second smart key.

If the service was always done at a particular dealership you may be able to contact them to see if anyone in the Service Department remembers the car and maybe the owner? Just a guess there.

Chris

3. mgcarma

mgcarma New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I tried the dealership, but their records are all purged with regard to owner info.
    I did get the service history, I just have to go and pick it up.

I can try to see if any of the tech know the car, but that too is a longshot.

Seems that unscrupulous people at the dealer auctions (tow truck drivers, car handlers, car cleaners, car preppers and the people looking to buy the cars) steal things that are not tied down like NAV discs from the on board computers, spare smart keys, etc.

oh well, once again, the dishonest people of the world make it harder for the honest ones.

K

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There is always the probability the prior owner lost or damaged the key fob. Do not attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity...

5. mgcarma

mgcarma New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am usually the first to give people the benefit of the doubt, but dealer auctions being dealer auctions, people are always looking to make a buck and a $200 smart key sitting on a key ring is an easy target. The world is fully of sh**bags that are looking to get something for nothing and the honest people of the world are usually the ones to lose out. Have your car stolen, your house burgalrized, etc and you will get the same feeling.
    thanks, and I'll try to keep a brighter outlook on the general population of the world.

My new mantra: life is all sunshine and puppydogs! :0)