1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LOOK !! New EV car coming to US

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pola, May 11, 2007.

1. pola

pola New Member

http://www.evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1228

NOW LOOK AT THIS !!!
    My boyfriend found this new EV car that is supposed to come out next year in the US, and is reasonably priced... don't you know Toyota is worried about this ???

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There have been so many companies promising to introduce electric cars "real soon now" that I've taken the attitude: I'll believe them when their cars are on a car lot somewhere in the U.S.

Right now that's the freeway-capable xBox, sold only in CA by AC Propulsion, the 35-40 mph Xebra with a range from 15 to 40 miles, depending on battery pack, a bunch of different 25-mph NEVs, and some DIY conversion kits.

The rest, as far as I am concerned, are hot air. Some of the announced EVs claim performance that folks in the know think are extremely unlikey. Some will eventually become reality. There WILL be EVs available sooner or later, but whether it's one of the dozens of vaporware announcements that becomes real, or one we haven't heard of yet, is anybody's guess.

While you're waiting for that Javlon, I'll be happily driving my Xebra. It's here now. You can buy it today. Mine is in my garage.

3. pola

pola New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 11 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]440414[/snapback]</div>
    Cool- how do you like the Xebra ?

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pola @ May 12 2007, 07:22 AM) [snapback]440557[/snapback]</div>
    After one day of driving it (23 miles) I love it. It's not easy to drive. No power steering and no power brakes. No power windows or A/C. But it's electric! And here in WA it is water powered. I checked with my utility company. They get all their electrons from Bonneville, except for a few they get from wind power.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 11 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]440414[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, it is the eBox, which is based on the Scion xB.

6. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 12 2007, 07:26 AM) [snapback]440559[/snapback]</div>
    Really? None from Grand Coulee or the Spokane river?

Dave M.