1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LOOK OUT: There are LLAMMAs (llamma.com)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by tag, Jan 27, 2004.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

Big scam, as far as I can determine.

My kids' Xbox became inoperative (flashing orange light). I called M$ customer service. Their standard charge for something like this is $110 and I have to pay for shipping and insurance. So, that works out to roughly $125 when a brand new Xbox can be had for $179. Bad deal!

Then, I noticed an offer on a web site (llamma.com) for broken Xboxes. Simply ship them the Xbox and they'll pay you $40 + $10 for shipping for a total of $50; use the $50 to partially offset the cost of a new Xbox!!!!!!! Good deal...........NOT!.

It's been three weeks since they received the thing and I've heard nothing despite several e-mails....neither payment nor any kind of response. Further, I got one guy's phone number which went directly to voice mail and his mailbox was full (gee, I wonder why).

Perhaps this was legit at one time but it doesn't appear to be any longer.

Look out, THERE ARE LLAMMAS!

2. tag

tag Senior Member

Have to print a semi-retraction.

After numerous e-mails and complaints, these folks finally responded with a rather unapologetic e-mail stating the process shouldn't have taken so long and offered me $30 (not $50) because of a "problem" that appeared during testing. Ultimately, they relented and paid the full $50, as per their offer.

On one hand, I'm glad they held up their end of the bargain but am not at all sure it was worth the time and effort I expended in getting them to do so.

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Guess it's a good thing you're a lawyer :)

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Well, considering the recovery and hours expended, this "case" would either have been pro bono or billed at around 5 bucks an hour.

More importantly, if one puts the following emoticons together, what does it mean?

:multi: :gay: :love: