1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

looking 4 dealer to sell at MSRP in east TN

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by konakahuna, Sep 26, 2004.

1. konakahuna

konakahuna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    if anyone has experience with a dealer who will sell for straight MSRP in eastern TN, GA, KY or NC, please let me know.

is there anyone not price gouging you'd recommend?

thanks in advance,

david r.

2. DanH

DanH New Member

The dealer in town here (Greensboro, NC) is selling them at MSRP, but there is about an 18 month wait they are telling me. They said it could be a little less though and are erring on the side of caution.

Is Nashville to far west for you? There are a couple of people on the board that are getting cars in Oct. from a dealer ( Beaman Toyota) there at MSRP.

Here's the thread they talk about the dealer, etc. : http://www.priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic....er=asc&&start=0

3. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanH\";p=\"41834)</div>
    Yes, there's two of us that are getting Prii from there on this board, and I think hers is going to be about 15 week wait, mine probably will be about that as well, might know more next weekend. That dealer supposedly started charging $1000 over MSRP for out of state or out of region, I forget which, but hopefuly we can get betshsu to answer that. If you are in TN, probably no surcharge. I don't know if I can put numbers and names here, but we mention the name of our salesman, it's Kevin, and he actually talked with me a lot about the process, car, etc, and I feel comfortable with him, and I believe she does as well. If you want more info, PM me or post and I'll watch for it.

4. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hiya, I'm the other person with Beaman, getting my Prius (first choice in both color and package) on Oct 15 after ordering June 30. It might actually arrive earlier than that and sit on the lot for a week or so waiting for me. After Matt and I placed our orders, Beaman did add a $1000 premium for orders out of region (didn't apply to our orders), but I'm not sure if that is still their policy or not. Kevin has been really great about explaining the process, answering emails and phone calls, and even calling you to give updates about your order. Now that my car has been allocated, he's also been really good about information regarding dates of arrival of the ship at port, how long it takes to get the car across the US to TN, and getting me the invoice and VIN. There has been no pressure to add extra port options, etc. I'll let you know how the actually sale goes. If you don't get Kevin's info from Matt, PM me and I'll pass it along (or just call Beaman and ask for Kevin Reed).