1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking at purchasing a Prius but..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by r53, Aug 4, 2006.

1. r53

r53 New Member

Should I order one or try to buy a cancelled ordered car? It seems that craigslist always has a dealer or two that have a couple of cars that being delivered, and the prices seem to be in line with the MSRP.

Specifically, I will be trying to take delivery on one by September 30th and if order one I might not meet that goal.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you want one by Sept. 30, call around and be flexible on color and package. You'll find one. Keep calling dealers and widen your area. Let them know.....you will not pay over MSRP, no port add ons. First one with a car wins.

Be willing to travel and drive back.

I'd contact the internet managers. They seem to deal better than the floor salesmen.

If you're also looking for HOV sticker you better hurry.

3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(r534me @ Aug 4 2006, 01:21 AM) [snapback]297554[/snapback]</div>
    Specifically, try Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa, Bob Lang is the "internet fleet" or something like that manager. They have HUGE (comparatively) allottments (alottments? alotments? whatever). And...they are good to deal with. DO NOT DO CRAIGSLIST FOR THIS. Call ANY/EVERY NoCal dealer...that is what I did, and ended up with exactly what I wanted five--FIVE--days after STARTING to look seriously. (I took delivery on May 10.) Others on this board, MarinJohn for one (hi MJ!), also found Freeman in SR good to deal with. Do the "foot"work yourself. The craigslist listings are, imo, lazy salespeople. Or worse. If you have a Costco membership...even better...and be sure to mention it when you speak w/ dealers.

4. mean-boy

mean-boy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Aug 4 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]297907[/snapback]</div>
    I am the Op but somehow I couldn't log back in so I create a new account.

Thanks for the information. A gentlemen from Stevens Creeks advertised having one with pack 7 for msrp. Because I still have my other car, I went ahead and got a blank check from capital one to begin the purchasing process. The only bad thing is that I will now have three cars with only one space available due to contruction. Back to the story, the saleman has a pack #7 and he said he would sell at msrp and the finance ppl will bring the paperwork to the dmv to get the hov stickers. The color is okay but I don't know if I want navigation or not. I already use a pda verion, althuogh, it would be very convenient not have to bring the pda and gps unit to the car with me.

I am not a costco member but my coworkers are. Can they help me with the purchase> I saw an ad in Craigslist for Freeman toyota. They stated they had seven coming in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mean-boy @ Aug 4 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]297973[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, and I have a possible trade in. Will they give a fair trade in price for it? It's a 2004 MINI Cooper S.

5. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

your gonna get shafted on the trade, that is for sure...try to hold out for a pkg. 8 if you can find one.

6. mean-boy

mean-boy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RichBoy @ Aug 4 2006, 06:41 PM) [snapback]297978[/snapback]</div>
    No need for leather for me although it makes static shock much easier to take in the winter. But without heated seats? Ugly!

7. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

Do your own shopping comparison, but for me, the difference between a used Prius and a new one was small enough to get a new one. The flip side is that Prii really hold their value. Good luck!

8. r53

r53 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toyotaguyjeff @ Aug 4 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback]298053[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the reply. If you could PM me I can let you know what I am interested in.

There was one today on CL and the saleman told me he would sell it for msrp. It was white with pack 7. He said the F&I person would go the DMV with the paperwork. I am not sure I want Nav so I passed on it but the color was agreeable to me. That and possibly the dark gray.

I went as far as to secure a loan from capital one right after I spoke to him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lil Mo @ Aug 4 2006, 07:46 PM) [snapback]298005[/snapback]</div>
    No used ones for me. I would rather have the tax credit and a new car. B)