1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a 2011 Prius on Long Island

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by tnt71, Feb 22, 2011.

1. tnt71

tnt71 Junior Member

I went to Penn Toyota in Roslyn in early January telling them I was interested in a new Prius (10 or 11). Asked to test drive and the salesman let me sit in one and start it, no more. He promised me a call for a test drive and never called back. The salesman was a jerk. I had bought two cars from that dealership. There won't be a third.

Then I asked a friend that worked at Sunrise Toyota in Suffolk and she gave me the sales manager's number. Called him twice, he said he was with clients and would return the call. Never called back. Then I tried Millenium Toyota in Hempstead last Sunday, who took a deposit and told me he would have my car within two days. It is now more than a week later. The salesman is nice but the others at the dealership are gruff and I only get called back about 50% of the time.

I don't understand it. I am an easy sale, all cash, no trade. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield, can't get respect. All the dealers have inventory as well, although not the specs of what I want. Based on what the salesman told me I got rid of my old car (co-worker bought it). Now I am car-less. If my car is not in by tomorrow I think I am going to have to get the Civic Hybrid. I really want the Prius but I am not going to beg.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't know what you are looking for but dealers down here have 2011's. I think it's time to get your deposit refunded & start shopping through www.aaa.com or the Internet Sales Dept. of the dealers that have what you want or will settle for.

3. danvee

danvee Blizzard Brigadier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Come to NJ.....plenty of both around here and great deals to be gotten.....:cool: