1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

looking for a dealer in NYC area

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by jmetatron, Sep 28, 2004.

1. jmetatron

jmetatron New Member

Hi - I'm looking to buy a 2005 Prius, and the first dealer I spoke to wanted $4000 above MSRP (for delivery in 3 weeks). Wondering if anyone in the NYC metro area knows of a dealer selling at, or closer to, MSRP?

Having read through the forums I see there's a wide variation among dealers in this practice. Something tells me the NYC dealers are all going to do this - but maybe not?

Thanks.

-jay

2. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Junior Member

[font=Comic Sans MS:e1c094c225]Jay,
    I ordered from Neil Toyota in Lynbrook at MSRP. The carpet floor mats and cargo mat were free. The wait was 9 months. If you want to wait ask for Josh at Neil. My first salesman was awful. He never knew what was going on. He even gave me a delivery date, then told me someone else was ahead of me on the list, so they gave it to that person. It was awful until Josh took over which was in the last 2 months.
    I never asked right from the beginning what number I was on the list and how many Prius they get delivered each month. I wish I had at the beginning. I would suggest that you do that right from the start.
    Mary Lou[/font:e1c094c225]

3. shocker

shocker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try Toyota of Stamford in Connecticut. Back in February they were selling them at MSRP

4. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And from the other post it pays to get a Conn. address and register it in Conn. and save the sales tax LOL