1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for a part number...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yarzy, Oct 16, 2006.

1. yarzy

yarzy New Member

So, I was thinking that I want to do the DIY EV mode in my 2006 that includes drilling out one of 2 little panels to the left of steering wheel. I want to order another blank panel in case there is ever an issue that I need to bring in my car to get serviced, etc.

Does anyone have the part number or better yet, a link to where I can get it?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Some of the "old timers" on here have posted that the dealers either did not care or did not notice the EV mod. The mod is standard equipment in some other countries anyway, everywhere but North America I think. Unless you broke something by installing it wrong I don't think it would ever be a problem. If you had to take it in and were really worried about the mod and removed it you could just leave the plastic plate out, if they mentioned it say it fell out and you lost it or something.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you can go ask for one at the dealer, should be super cheap (couple bucks)

they don't have to know why you need it ;)

but tumbleweed is right... techs don't give a hoot about it if they notice at all. nothing to worry about unless you blow an hv ecu or a battery.