1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

looking for an aftermarket radio...check this out

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by savegas52, Dec 5, 2011.

1. savegas52

savegas52 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
  2. dehhh

dehhh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    $650 is high.

I would rather get the flyaudio for cheaper.

3. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That unit looks like the current model ottonavi, listed on their own site at $699.

[EDIT: And if I'm not mistaken, those of us with Prius Three models, including the JBL audio, would have to add a JBL harness to a Fly Audio unit, while the ottonavi comes complete with it?]

4. teiresias

teiresias Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, the current model (the one with the UI matching the one in the OP) is listed at $799 on their site.

I'd be more interested in it if it were one of their Android-based head units. At least then I could potentially write my own apps for it.

5. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So - not intending to hijack the thread - what's the difference between the $699 and $799 ottonavi units.... and if the one in the OP is the $799 model, then that suggests it could be good value at $650.

6. teiresias

teiresias Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can't find any difference in the listed specs - the processor, processor speed, and everything seems to be exactly the same. So it sounds like they're charging $100 for upgraded firmware and MAYBE a different (better matching or could be worse matching) bezel?

7. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would love something like that if I could use my XM radio module with the life time subscription. Is that possible?

8. rrg

rrg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wonder if that software would work on the current Flyaudio version.
    Someone get the files so we can experiment with it?

Is it winCE?

9. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    will you guys be able to match flyaudio's gps units going for $499.99 + $25 shipping ?

Toyota Prius 09-11 Navigation E7572NAVI FlyAudio

let me know

thanks

ANSWER Unfortunately we can not match their price. I went ahead and checked the website, it seems that they are a distributor for fly audio. Fly audio is located in China, thus we cannot match their low prices. Our units offer higher quality running of a Samsung Processor on the newest Windows CE. We are located in the USA, as they are in Canada. I hope you choose the best unit for you and your Prius. Thank you

Daniel

What are the exact specs ? Also can the price be cheaper ?

iPhone

ANSWER I can do free shipping. This is the lowest price as this just came in. This new G2 model retails for $799.

11-12 Toyota Prius GPS Navigation Radio G2 DVD CD Player [TY11PR-34399GP] - $799.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Specs can also be found in link above.

If you can manage a group of at least 2 buy I can offer the unit for $620 each.

Daniel

ANSWER Free shipping is for 48 USA contiguous sates only. Sorry forgot to mention that. I can also include a backup camera.

Daniel

I already have backup camera it was stock. Will I need a jbl adapter as well for this unit ?

Thanks

iPhone

ANSWER No that is one thing about our units. It will work with both JBL and NON JBL. The factory backup camera will not work with this unit, you will need an aftermarket backup camera. Thanks

Daniel

Hope this helps !!!, personally I think I'm still going to go with Flyaudio, I've been researching and waiting for 3 months now ><

10. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That OttoNavi unit seems to has the same HW as G1 (based on the tech specs), only the firmware is redesigned probably. The connection of stock rear view camera can be a liitle bit tricky, minimally the wiring connector has to be resoldered. I remember someone from this forum tried this, but I don't know the result.

11. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Read the other threads. A couple of posters weren't able to get satisfactory quality (JBL system) until they installed a JBL "turn on"adapter such as the TATO.

The unit has newer hardware then what is being used by older units such as the CASKA units (Flyaudio).

You can probably get the same HU on Ebay for less then $799 or you can get a unit with similar HW but better support and firmware which gets updated as necessary if you're willing to pay a few hundred dollars more and buy an Advent unit.

For some reason I thought the factory back up camera uses the AVC bus (similar to the steering wheel controls) and could only be used by an aftermarket unit if you run a new wire to the camera.

12. teiresias

teiresias Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, at $799 for this new Ottonavi, I think adding a couple more hundred and getting the Advent unit sounds like a better course of action. At least Advent posts their firmware files so that it's easy for the user to upgrade software if necessary (and they know what they're doing).

I do prefer the looks of the Ottonavi UI though.