1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for an HD Radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PaulTomblin, Nov 30, 2009.

1. PaulTomblin

PaulTomblin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    My wife has a 2005(I think) with the JBL speakers and the 6 CD changer. She's been dropping hints about wanting an HD radio because her favorite station gets unlistenable at night. I'm hoping to find a radio that I could easily replace the factory radio without losing the ability to control it from the touch screen. Is there such a thing? (If it could also control an iPod, that would be even more awesome.)

2. BeakerTX

BeakerTX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I recently bought the JVC KD-HDR50 for my 98 Honda Civic. HD Radio, USB connection for memory sticks, iPod/iPhone control, and Aux import. Great features for a decent price. The HD radio is fantastic if the signal is strong enough. Generally, I found (in San Antonio) that the HD signal will be weaker than the analog. The iPod/iPhone interface/control is great for small playlists or podcasts. But, with thousands of songs and artists on an ipod it is nearly impossible to scroll to a specific song. I would often just plug in the Aux jack for easier control and use the USB jack for charging. Go to Crutchfield.com to see if the radio fits, or what other radios might be available for fit into a Prius.

3. PaulTomblin

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Crutchfield has no information on whether this radio (or any other that they say "fits") is controllable through the touchscreen. I don't think a radio that doesn't use the touchscreen would be acceptable.

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought this one.....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0019SFBKQ/ref=nosim/priuschatcom-20

Simple, works with the AUX jack, stuffs into the center console nicely!!!

5. PaulTomblin

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    What AUX jack? My 2008 Prius has an AUX jack in the arm rest, but we haven't found one in her 2005 Prius. She's using a cassette adaptor for her iPod.

6. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Well thats too bad, put it in your car!!!