1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for Best Price for Prius in Connecticut

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by dfine1966, May 29, 2007.

1. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Well last month I bought my wife a 2007 Sienna XLE Limited. Got the good price for it in the mid 30's. I got the 3.9 financing with all the bells and whistles. Now it is my turn. I have a 2004 Matrix with over 110,000 miles on it, and I want to get a Prius. I live in the New Haven area of Connecticut. I want to get all the bells and whistle for the Prius including Navigation, bluetooth, camera etc. Is it true the only difference between package 5 and 6 is the leather seats?

First is the leather worth it for package 6 or is the cloth fine for package 5. What price should I be looking at for both packages. I am just trying to get an idea of the lowest possible price for this car. I usually purchase my Toyota's from Toyota of Wallingford, in Connecticut. I have bought 5 cars there so far, including the Sienna. I have been dealing with the same guy for years. He usually gets me the best deal. But they have a new General Manager that is trying to play hardball. He backed down and gave me the price I wanted for the Sienna and also what I wanted for my trade. But I might be pushing it too much with this next car.

Right now I see there is 2000 off packages available, plus in Connecticut there is no sales tax on the car right now. I think the tax credit is down to 25% now. The only thing that is holding me off is the finance rate, which in my area is around 7.0% I did here that either in June or July the low interest rates for the Prius will be back, but that was only a rumor the finance guy at the Toyota dealership told me.

Sorry about the novel.

So what I am looking for is best price for package 5 or 6 , and any other dealership in Connecticut that is willing to deal on the Prius.

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I heard some decent things about A1, right here in New Haven, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of them. We bought our car back in '05 in Wallingford and through a combination of our own ignorance (we didn't know that it was possible to get a car for under MSRP) and the situation at the time (it was much harder to get one from below MSRP at that time), we ended up paying full MSRP. The only three dealerships that I dealt with were A1 (which seemed good, but they weren't taking orders at the time), Colonial Toyota in Milford (where we test-drove, but they were unwilling to go below their price of MSRP+$2K, plus they seemed a little sleazy), and Toyota of Wallingford (which was a decent experience, but nothing extraordinary).

I will say this for Toyota of Wallingford, though: I've been very pleased with their service department. I've only done the very standard maintenance, but they've never over-filled the oil (a common problem with Prii), and it's been quick and reasonably-priced.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dfine1966 @ May 29 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]451832[/snapback]</div>
    I wouldn't worry about "pushing it too much" with a dealer. They know how low they can or want to go. Follow the advice at www.carbuyingtips.com. With gas prices rising I doubt Toyota is going to offer below market financing to move hybrids. Happy hunting.