1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for comments on these rims

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by lizardacres, Mar 10, 2013.

1. lizardacres

lizardacres Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 3 day old Blizzard Pearl Prius 2 and I'm looking for something nicer looking than the stock wheels but with a minimal mileage hit. I have a long commute mostly on surface streets. I saw these on TireRack and thought the "Ice Coating" would look nice on the Blizzard Pearl. I've always admired white rims on white cars.

Would you recommend spacers with these wheels? I was hoping not to use them. How much of a gas mileage hit do you think I would take? I think I can use the OEM tires for now. Want to also add a sway bar for stability but likely will leave the springs as they are (for now anyway).

Specs:
    elbrus I05 ew.jpg
    15x6.5
    Offset: +38mm
    Backspacing: 5.23"
    Bolt Pattern: 5-100
    Rec. Tire Size:195/65-15
    Weight: 16.6lbs

2. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If they're really only 16.6lbs each- no mileage hit at all if you keep the OEM low RR tires and overinflate a bit.

3. Guill

Guill Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  4. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
  5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Too close to stock wheel IMO. If I were spending the money, I'd go to at least a 16" wheel.

Just take off the wheel covers and add centercaps for now. Then you don't have to worry about swapping your tires and TPMS sensors to new wheels.

Edit: I was on my smartphone when I posted earlier and couldn't see that you have a 2013 with black oem alloys. I posted my original response based on thinking you had silver oem wheels. Not everyone likes the black painted oem wheels, especially on a white car, so changing to silver or white might be an option. ;)

6. swich2mac

swich2mac Go Hard or Go Home!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are those Elbrus wheels? The reason I ask is that I was going to get them initially until I saw the .38mm offset and I passed on them. They do look good and I was able to take a photo on a Prius next to me at a stop light, which I have included.
    Elbrus.jpg

7. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Take the hit and put a smile on your face with 17" wheels. My bet is you will regret it if you go 15".

Tim Powell likes this.