1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

looking for detailed photos of Push Button Shifters

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by vendingtech, Jan 13, 2019.

1. vendingtech

vendingtech Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Anyone with a Push button Shifter or have some detailed photos of the Wiring pinouts etc?

I am looking at what it would take to build one (got my 3d Printer Ready!) and Need to see more details so I can look at what electronics are needed to kick this in.

Any detailed photos would be appreciated, especially if anyone has any internal images of any of the push button shifters.

Thanks!

2. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Don't have a diagram for a push button shifter, but this file on the logical control of the Prius shifter might help.

Attached Files:

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    In case it’s not clear: the shift lever connectors are z5 and z6, shown on pages 12 and 13 of the Electrical Wiring Diagram excerpt kindly shared by @Georgina Rudkus. (The “Transmission Shift Main Switch,” page 14, is Toyota’s name for the P button.) There is some information about the functions of the terminals (VCX3, VSX3, etc.) in the Repair Manual (more info), under Engine/Hybrid System: Hybrid/Battery Control: Hybrid Control System: Terminals of ECU and, more comprehensively, in the information for diagnostic trouble code P082B-575.

Considering the care Toyota has taken to make the electronic shift lever system reliable and fault-tolerant, with redundant pairs of sensors (main select/sub select, main shift/sub shift) and self-monitoring capability, I couldn’t recommend modifying it.