1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for directions to remove and reattach the rear spoiler

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by froSTed, Apr 25, 2013.

1. froSTed

froSTed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone have a step by step guide to removing and then reattaching the rear spoiler of the 2010 prius base package? I am looking to do a mod but require the spoiler to be removed first, then reattached.

2. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    U have to remove the plastic trim on the inside of the hatch to gain access to the 10mm bolts for the spoiler.

Once u have the bolts removed, u can pull the spoiler up however there are about 4-6 plastic retainer clips that are also holding the spoiler in place so some moderate force will be needed to remove the spoiler completly.

Hope this helps.

peterjmc likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    ^ What he said.

Basically if you start exploring, prying back the interior plastic panels on hatch, starting at the bottom, you'll get there. It took me maybe an hour, with some puzzles along the way, trying to figure out what's on the far side of a panel, trying to get it off without breakage. But it's not too hard.

4. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Before I forget, in order to remove the rear hatch plastic covers, u need to start with the piece at the top near the hatch hinge.

5. froSTed

froSTed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would like to see pictures or illustrations so I know what tools to use and what to expect.

6. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry......don't have any pics. The panels can be removed with ur hands....no tools needed. The only tool needed is a 10mm socket with extension.