1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for foglights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Darwin23, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Darwin23

Darwin23 New Member

Can anyone help me find fog lights for my red 2006 prius online or in store. Not too concern with the performance, just as long as they will light up and work. This is more of an appearance mod. I'd also like names of places where i can install them. I live in Los Angeles area. thank you.

2. Darwin23

Darwin23 New Member

[attachmentid=2203][attachmentid=2202]

After countless search throughout the net' and different forums no one has pointed me to the directions of adding foglights to my 06 barcelona red #3. So i took on the project myself. First I took out the plastic grill on the bottom of the prius to find out that there's already a built in 'housing' in which to put the original foglight kits. I called up a local toyota dealership and they said that OEM foglight kits cannot be purchased---i have to go aftermarket. They do, however, have the plastic grill with holes cut out for foglights. I got the grill for around $43 for both sides. I went to different auto parts store to look for foglights that will look like the OEM foglights of toyota. Found them at walmart , halogen foglights for around $21 bucks. My friend and I then worked on the install. We had to modify the walmart foglights in order for it to fit on the prius 'housing'. we took off some of the brackets, and screwed them in place. My firend then wired the foglights so that it will turn on whenever the parklights are on. End result: It looks like OEM foglights. Here's a pic of my prius getting its first gas fill up after going for 285 miles and still has two bars of gas in my tank. Total cost of fogliths mod: $64 bucks.

3. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That looks GREAT! I've been wanting to do the same exact thing for months now.

1) Can you post the brand/model or part # of the fog light you purchased?

2) And also for the plastic grill?

3) Was there a lot of modification to fit the fogs (besides just removing the bracket)?

Job well done!

4. Darwin23

Darwin23 New Member

Unfortunately i threw away the box of the foglights. but you can get them at walmart they're called the "Pro Burners Series". Basically the round, clear foglights. theres others with different shape and colors---i got the clear ones to look like the OEM foglights.

The grill is available at any toyota dealership. Just tell them the lower plastic grill with cutouts for foglights---they'll find it for you. Its around 20 bucks each.

We just took off the brackets of the foglights. Basically the modification was to hold the foglights in place in the "housing" for the OEM foglights. The OEM foglights seems like it would just clip into place. My friend burned a hole on the plastic and screw the foglights in place to hold them steady. After that..its just a matter of putting the grill in. I think most stereo shops will be able to do this job, but you might have to pay them....good thing i had the hookup.