1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for good dealer in Northeast

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by MAPrius, Mar 7, 2006.

1. MAPrius

MAPrius New Member

Hi-

I'm looking for a Prius in western Massachusetts. Not much inventory here according to vehix.com. <_< I'm seeing posts here about DC dealers. Can also see 35-ish Prius in Boston area inventory....

I'd prefer to buy from a small-town local dealer, preferably one who doesn't play the hard sell game. One of the local guys says it will be a 3 month wait. Another says 6 months. I'd like to buy at the end of March.

I can duke it out with a big city dealer if need be, but it makes me tired to think of it. ("Could you wait here while I go check with my manager?... for the tenth time?") I'd love to work with someone who will give me a good price, and have that be the 'drive it off the lot' price. No surprises tried, because if there are, I'll get stuck walking away, when I'd really rather have a great car! /sigh/

I'd like a package 5 or 6 (but they don't tend to come to the Boston area). Really want/need all airbags, VSC. Would *like* back-up cam, Homelink (I *think*. Anyone have anything to say about Homelink?), security alarm, cruise control. So I could go for a package 4 if I had to. And if the price were right.

Do any of you have a dealer-from-heaven like this in MA, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI? Or southern ME?

If you are a dealer (or related) and know of a good deal/availability for a 5 or 6 in this area, (or even a 4), please let me know your affiliation/best offer.

For those of you from OR not from this area, what prices are you seeing so far in March? I'm thinking I should aim for 1K-1.5K below MSRP. Is that silly?

Thanks for your time!

MAPrius

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Blurry

Blurry New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We went to three dealers but ended up purchasing from Hurlbert Toyota in Stratham, NH (near exeter). They're a small dealership, and the service was superb! Our saleswoman insisted we test drive the vehicles on our own (she didn't need to tag along). They were getting a few Prius's in the next week and we just needed to put down a fully-refundable $100 "deposit" (which never got run through the credit card), unlike some dealerships who wanted $1000.

We got a low-end package (forget the exact ID, but one with SKS, extra airbags, but not NAV, etc.) We also weren't picky on the color. So that helped, I think. And, actually, we didn't test drive the Prius there (they didn't have one in stock; we test drove a Corolla at Hurlbert and the Prius at a different dealership). This was our first new car purchase, and we were nervous, but it was WAY easier and more pleasant than we expected.

Good luck. And I highly recommend Hurlbert.

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I bought from Norwood Toyota in RI. Every time I am there, they always have a few on a lot. I got mine from a lot, no wait and I they took $300 off the MSRP

5. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I bought from Geis in Peekskill NY..

No discount, just straight forward deal, I mentioned I had a good price on Extended Warranty online, he said $950 (plus tax).
    Explained car very throughly
    No BS, didn't try to push any other extras, like Maint contract or Toyo Guard, etc.

6. MAPrius

MAPrius New Member

7. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

8. Linny

Linny New Member

don't know of any fast deals here in CT. You'll wait at least 6 months to get what you want. I bought from PA. Got the car of my choice in a week at msrp. good luck!