1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for Guidance/Instructions for Brake Fluid Flush 2019 AWDe.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Steetoh, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Steetoh

Steetoh New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Hello fellow Toyota Prius owners, first time poster, long time lurker.

I'm reaching out to seek guidance on performing a brake fluid flush for my 2019 Toyota Prius XLE AWDe. I've searched through various forums but haven't been able to find specific instructions tailored to the AWDe variant of the 2019 Prius.

I'm familiar with the process of performing a brake fluid flush on non-hybrid vehicles, but I want to ensure I follow the correct procedure for my Prius. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything definitive in the owner's manual or online resources.

I did come across a PDF detailing the procedure for the 2016 Prius, but I'm unsure if the process would be the same for my AWDe model. Additionally, I've watched videos like The Car Care Nut's on YouTube, where a vacuum pump is used after disconnecting the battery. However, I'm hesitant to follow this method as I've read it might introduce air into the brake lines.

Ideally, I'd like to perform the brake fluid flush without a scan tool and without a vacuum pump. If anyone has experience or knowledge specific to the 2019 Prius XLE AWDe, I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance. My main concern is ensuring I don't introduce air into the brake lines or cause any issues during the flush process.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

EDIT: This is the PDF I have found posted by @Mendel Leisk

I am not quite sure if this would be the same procedure for the 2019 AWDe for the brake flush without techstream/scantool.

Attached Files:

2. Steetoh

Steetoh New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Still would like help with this issue? I like to do all my own maintenance and I can not find instructions for this.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Should be the same; AWD doesn’t change brakes.