1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for license plate frame that won't hide the name of our state

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by howardbc, Dec 31, 2008.

1. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Can anyone recommend a store or website where I can buy a new license plate frame that will not hide the word “Arizona†up at the top? I know I could just attach my license plate “naked,†but I like to have some kind of wording at least at the bottom and also (hopefully) at the top of the frame. I will NOT put the dealer's frame on my car. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  4. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    mines now naked. I'm sure some enterprizing people will make some just for AZ and the new law soon. Sounds like an oppotunity to me.

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    They had to remove my priuschat 'weapon of less consumption' one when I got my car inspected because it covered part of the writing on the top and bottom of the plate and they couldn't issue a sticker unless they removed it. They did say I could put it back on if I wanted to, but that would just give some cop an excuse to pull me over so I have left it off. Too bad - I really liked it too.

6. PRIUS4J

PRIUS4J Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got a nice plate holder when I bought my car in May, chrome with PRIUS at the bottom, makes a nice little statement with my personalized plate that says "peacefl" and I didn't want to get rid of it. My son just came over with his dremel and cut and ground the top part down enough so that the word ARIZONA is now perfectly visible. Only took about 5 min for him to do

7. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I modified my license plate frame with a metal cutting blade in a scrollsaw. I only had to remove about 1/4" at the top - none of the lettering on the frame was removed.