1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for measurements

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Squiddle, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Squiddle

Squiddle New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I'm trying to figure out what the dimensions of the 17mm mounting bolt for the front brake caliper brackets are. My passenger side ones are having trouble going into the caliper bracket nicely, and I'd like to see if it's just a problem with the bolts. Googling has produced... lets call it 'unhelpful' results so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There are breakdown sheets and guides on this list I don't know how to access them all but that will basically show you the caliper the mounting bracket the two bolts the slide pins all of it part numbers I'm pretty sure it may even give the dimensions of the bolt I believe it's going to be 10 mm by 1.5 or something I'm not sure Don't take my word for it but it should be pretty easy to look up honestly you can take a bolt to home Depot and screw it into the nuts on the wall and it'll tell you I'm fixing to go there now I might just take one with me and do that for you just to tell you very quickly I have to go there anyway for some electrical stuff for another job

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I usually just look stuff up on parts.toyota.com. It had a moment of weirdness earlier this morning but seems to be back up.

I think you're looking for the bolts with callout 47710A here, which goes to part number 91552-C1250 here, and the listing also shows 12-1.25PX50-30.

That gives me pretty much enough information to go look for a similar bolt at the hardware store (I'm not real familiar with the P, or the 50-30 notation, but I suspect it has something to do with how much of the bolt is threaded and how much is shoulder). On the other hand, I'd probably skip hunting for something similar at the hardware store, and just go to the local dealer and buy a couple 91552-C1250.

Have you tried running an M12-1.25 thread chaser or tap through the holes in the bracket (or knuckle, whichever one has the threaded holes)?

[​IMG]

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    It's 12mm fine a 2 inch bolt could work with washer