1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for MI prius owners with added inverters

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RinMI, Apr 17, 2007.

1. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Are there any Michigan Prius owners that have added an inverter to their car. I am interested in doing this but would prefer to check out someone else's to see how it is done before I do it on my car (maybe try learning from others mistakes first). Is there anyone out there near me? I am in between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. I would even consider just looking at pictures of someone's if they are too far away.

2. kiwiruss

kiwiruss New Member

Im a Michigan Prius Owner, but not using an inverter though.
    Sorry

3. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Russ Dyer @ Apr 17 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]424767[/snapback]</div>

Darn, good to know there are more than just you, me, the guy up north and the girl in Ann Arbor that frequent this site.

4. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RinMI @ Apr 17 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]424640[/snapback]</div>
    I've added an inverter to my Prius, but I don't live in Michigan. I do have some Prius-owner friends in Kalamazoo, but I don't think they have an inverter.

I got a 1250W inverter from InvertersRus (http://www.invertersrus.com/inv1250w.html) bolted it to the plastic bin above the spare tire, and connected to the 12v battery next door. It did a *fantastic* job during the big storm and power outage here (Seattle) last December. Powered the fridge, Stereo/TV/DVD player and several lights.

If you do a search of PC you'll find several other inverter installations too.

5. faith2walk

faith2walk Upgraded again

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RinMI @ Apr 17 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]424640[/snapback]</div>
    I live in BC and travel to and from GRR all the time. I have 2 inverters, but they are of the smaller nature. They are plugged into the cig. lighters and power my refrigerator, laptop, bluetooth gps, phone and ear piece charges, and a misc power strip just in case.
    I used both of them simultaneously to power a strip that kept my frig and 2 laptop computers going when the power went out, but I really need to get a bigger one for long term use.