1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for one in DC? Try DARCARS.....

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by streyle, Aug 27, 2004.

1. streyle

streyle New Member

of Silver spring....I was jut checking their website and they show they have 4 in stock.......

now this is how I was able to get my car in a day.....I checked amd they had an extremely large # on their website and they seemed to have one available......

Also, ask for Otis Herring, since he really helped me out......it's worth a shot if you're tired of waiting.....

2. Sun__Tzu

Sun__Tzu New Member

So did you already get one? Whenever I went to their websites, they'd ask for a bunch of my personal information, and then promise to call. They never actually listed what cars they had (which is pretty annoying).

3. streyle

streyle New Member

yeah, i got one that no one else claimed at the end of the month! So I got mine after 3 days of looking!

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And you paid MSRP or ....... ?

5. streyle

streyle New Member

paid MSRP!

6. tbert

tbert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I checked their inventory last wednesday, they listed 7 on their lot.

I called them up and asked if any were available. They had a 2005 #6 Tideland Pearl available for $2K over MSRP ($28,480).

My mother-in-law really wanted a Prius after we got our 04 in Nov 04, and was waiting for one ordered by a friend of the family, who got lucky and got one before the one he ordered arrived. However, without telling my mother-in-law, this guy decided to raffle the expected Prius out at his church for a fund raiser.

So, she asked me to look around, and I did. One phone call to Darcars, and we drove down that afternoon from NJ to MD to pick it up. She really wanted the car, so she didn't mind paying a little markup.

People at Darcars seem to be a little shady (and there were MANY salesmen), but the shopping and delivery process went relatively smooth. She traded her 99 Cutlass in for $2K, which kinda took care of the markup, so essentially she paid the MSRP for the car.

The whole experience, meh. Save for the excitement of finding and buying an 05 in one day.

7. revdre

revdre New Member

I also bought mine from Darcars, but the dealership in Frederick MD.
    We paid sticker for ours after someone else backed on the deal for the car they had ordered.
    I cant agree with the shady aspect though. Buying this car was the nicest car dealer experience I have ever had. Maybe its a cultral thing about Frederick, but Joe the sales manager is one of the nicest ppl I have ever met and he knows more about the Prius than anyone else in the state.

8. streyle

streyle New Member

DARCARS in silver spring have been excellent dealing with as well....i highly recommend them.