1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for Package 7

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by synth, Jan 18, 2006.

1. synth

synth Junior Member

Hi everyone. I've been monitoring this board as a silent admirer for some time and I've finally jumped in. I am looking to buy a Package 7 Prius (preferably Black) and am having a tough time. No one seems to have them or any idea when they will be available. I even had a local dealer call me and ask me what was in a Package 7.
    I am in the SoCal area but am willing to travel to pick up. Any idea on how to find one of these rarities?
    By the way has anyone seen what the Magnetic Grey color is going to look like?
    Thanks again for all the help you have given me anonymously for the past months. Looking forward to sharing my experiences as soon as I get my new wheels.

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    and welcome!

First, magnetic gray can be seen on one of our threads---possibly the "sticky" en-titled "2006 options..." above the main forum. If you look there, start at the end and work backwards, as that's where all the colors/options discussion was.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting a black #7, but you may have to wait 2 months or more for it. Your chances of finding one just sitting on a dealer's lot, with the rush (due to the '06 tax credit) we're in the midst of now, are slim

Have you called/e-mailed/asked any dealers to tell you how long it might take them to get you one? Packages offered up here in NorCal are 3, 6, 7 and 8. Lots of dealers here who sell at MSRP. You might start with Toyota of Sunnyvale (big dealer), Toyota of Concord (smaller dealer), Lithia Toyota (smaller--Vacaville), Hannee's (smaller--Davis) or Maita (medium--Sacramento).

Just naming dealers I've personally dealt with. I'd contact about 20-25 dealers from Monterey or Modesto north to the Oregon border.

Hanlee's offers a $500 Costco discount on the Prius, if you're a member.

Good luck.

3. synth

synth Junior Member

Thanks for this. Yeah I am really clear that what I am lookig for will not be on the lot (miracles do happen though). I am just having a hard time in getting any dealer to give me any solid info. It's usually the "we have new stuff coming in xxx weeks but we don't know what it will be." I am spreading a wide net by personally calling and emailing a ton of dealers but so far no luck. If you or anyone has a better method for "getting the word out" let me know.
    Thanks again for you reply.