1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for stereo/ipod doc which work with touch-screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cillic, Apr 8, 2005.

1. cillic

cillic New Member

I recently bought an 05 Prius with the AM package, mainly because I can't stand the nav feature and the 'premium' stereo sounded anything but to me.

So, here's what I've been looking for... an after-market stereo which will have an Ipod doc. I would prefer one which would interface with the steering controls and the touch screen, but either one or the other would be fine. Has anyone had any experience with such a rig?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Steering controls connect to the radio, and touchscreen is handled through AVCLan (IEBus), so you would need a header compatable with either of these.

By the way, the steering wheel controls work by supplying various resistances from ground to 2 signal leads, essentially creating 2 variable voltage divider ladders.

3. cillic

cillic New Member

I know next to nothing (ok, nothing really) about AVCLan... is this an open standard? When I google it I get nothing but Toyota forum posts. Do you know of any good websites dedicated to AVCLan?

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I believe it is also IEBus. Whether it is a standard used by anyone other than Toyota, I don't know.