1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking for Thule fit kit for 2004-2009

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bizpm, Dec 13, 2023.

1. bizpm

bizpm Junior Member

I am looking for Thule fit kit 5181--for my 2004 Prius. I had one, that I sold last year for peanuts, when the car appeared to be on the verge of death and we decided it was never leaving home again.

It's been shockingly healthy since then and we've decided to push the limits again. But I don't really want to spend $150 buying a new fit kit for a 20 year old car.

Hoping that someone has one they're retiring....

Thanks!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Wow that's interesting so you got rid of all the stuff that you used on the car because you thought it might be and then it wasn't and then you're left with nothing to put your kayak on That's really strange I don't know man I hope you find it I know they're out there new old stock probably exists and some poor kayaking stores inventory now worth pretty much nothing I used to buy this kind of on clothes out all the time because I'm always using old cars and I use racks on lots of them and usually it's funny because when I look at the racks and the pieces when the cars are year two or three old they're extremely expensive but once the car hits about 10 years old all that stuff is on clothes out for nothing and that's when I'm buying the stuff because I don't buy new cars

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a roof rack and basket that came with my spare 2006... Can't remember if it's Thule or Curt? Are you anywhere near the PNW? Maybe I could sell you mine?