1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

looking for window tinting advice and shop recommendations (live in SF East Bay area in CA)

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by aviphysics, Sep 9, 2012.

1. aviphysics

aviphysics Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am planning to get my Prius C windows tinted, to help keep the car cooler and block UV.

My main questions are, what are the choice options for window tinting materials and what questions and precautions should I take to make sure I get a shop that won't install an inferior product or do a poor job.

My biggest concern is the side windows developing streaks in the tint over the years from opening and closing, like they have done on my Accord (was tinted when I bought it used).

I plan to tint the rear window and side windows.

2. loklok1

loklok1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    this place is pretty good, I took 3 of my cars here for tint jobs in the past. I will be bring my C here as well but they've been booked up lately. I've called before and they quoted me about $170 to tint the C. They use 3M films which is premium stuff.

Best Image - San Mateo, CA

3. PriusConversionExpert

PriusConversionExpert Toyota Prius Conversionist

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Another option in our area is to get in touch with Auto Image in Belmont. We send a lot of our clients there and hear nothing but good things. Auto Image:

188 Old County Road Belmont, CA 94002
    (650) 631-0559

4. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    $180 for 5% on the rear doors & hatch glass, 50% on the front doors and $20 for an 8 inch band on top of the windshield.

Tint, Inc. in Antioch next to Costco.

Their facebook page: TINT INC | Facebook