1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to be a new prius owner in Sept/oct

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tomr2210, Jul 23, 2009.

1. tomr2210

tomr2210 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, and thanks for putting out so much info. I'm trying to digest as much as possible. I am 62, live in Surprise Az. and am heading back to Long Island NY for 6 weeks. My intent is, on my return back home in Sept, to start my hunt for the new Prius. I now drive an 9 yr old Ford escape, which has given me great service but not so great milage. I do have some back problems, and that small SUV works well for me getting in and out. I have yet to drive a prius, but they look higher than my wife's Camry. I am figuring that living in the dessert where the summer heat hits 110 for 3 or 4 months, the solar ventilation would be a great benefit. Keeping the inside temp around 100, making the A/C not have to work so hard. Any incite you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I live in an adult community where the average speed limit is 35mph, in the area. So I'm thinking that stealth mode would be the mode I would most likely be in most of the time. Thanks for any help. Tom