1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to build a cable extension

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Manksgloob, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all,

I'm looking to try my hand at overriding the BT/NAV speed-sensors. But rather than cutting (like I did with the backup cam mod) the two purple wires behind the left passenger vent, I wanted to build an extension cable using male and female connectors and cut those instead. (Those wires are tiny! I'm afraid of them!)

Would anyone be willing to help me out by finding out part numbers for the connectors and their associated pins? ...and maybe the number of pins I would need to successfully extend all the other wires on that set of connectors. I would greatly appreciate this.

Thanks ahead of time.

2. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a list of every connector housing part number in the 06-09 Prius. The connector housings are usually around $5 each but the pin with a wire pig tail are usually around $5 each also. The best way to do this would be to buy a late model Toyota/Lexus/Scion wiring harness of some sort (full engine harnesses are a good choice) off of ebay and use that to harvest pins with wire and then just buy the connector housings you need. I bought a 2006 Corolla engine harness for $15 and it has all the pins I will ever need for my modifications.

3. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the reply, jelloslug.

I tried looking for an engine harness on eBay and I'm amazed that you got that 06 Corolla's for only $15. I'm seeing $50 to %$350. I'll keep looking around though.

Would you mind posting the part numbers for the connector housings though? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

4. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *bump*

Please?

5. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was also looking for such kind of information, thanks for sharing.