1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to But 2011 TODAY!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by pongomisty, Feb 12, 2011.

1. pongomisty

pongomisty New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's the best offer via email to date (Dayton, OH area): Comments ?

2011 Prius II -- All Stds Factory Options

22,400 MSRP
    250 Documentaion Fee
    1,586 Tax
    33 Title
    500 Rebate
    23,769 OTD

When I show up -- how much wiggle room may I still get off the MSRP? Possibly, I was going to ask for the remote start option to be "thrown in" at the above price.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    seems like a good deal to me! all the best!

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I do not know... would you appreciate it if the dealer tried to find some "wiggle room" after you show up all ready to sign? But when they're completing the paperwork and the smiling persistent person comes into the waiting room to sell you pinstriping, their fabric protection package and "paint sealant", just remember to smile and say no until they go away, and you'll save a pile.

4. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome!
    Which dealer are you going to?
    I bought mine at Airport Toyota and had a very positive experience.
    Do you have any buying clubs like USAA or AAA? With those you pay $300-$800 under invoice. Even without, you should be able to get better pricing than what you've been quoted/emailed IMHO.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Say no also to the persistant extended-warranty pusher, imho.

One thing our dealer tried on, and this is Open Road Toyota of Port Moody, BC, Canada:

The initial quote showed zero "documentation charge". And this was not just an omission: the item was in there, and specifically noted as zero, or included. Then they rewrote the paperwork, and the new version had $295 Canadian as the amount. They actually treated us like pariahs when we complained. I guess the best defense is offense??

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, agreed! Extended warranties, Just Say No.

7. Livi

Livi New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Try emailing a couple car brokers. They can give you a quote pretty quickly. Plus it'll save you time looking around.

8. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do what you will.
    At least your looking for information.
    But personally? I wouldn't go to a lot with the attitude I'm looking to buy TODAY...even if I really would like to buy today. Dealers love people that are pre-hooked with the desire to drive it A.S.A.P..

Even when I am close to buying, I tell myself, I'm going to gain information, to look, to compare....if a deal falls within parameters that I find acceptable? Then I'll do it. But I just never drive on a lot, with the preconcieved idea that I MUST drive off with a new vehicle.

I don't know the details of your situation. But I would just do research, dig, set up, know EXACTLY what you want, and at what price range you'll accept...and then even then, I would pretend that you could take it or leave it....

Admittedly, I generally hate the typical car buying experience....so I go into it, paranoid and combative...unfortunately, I'd say, this attitude has worked to my advantage....I wish I could say it wasn't usually needed.

9. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No matter what the salesperson says, s/he is lying. The salesperson is taught that no matter what the customer says, s/he is lying. It's no wonder car buying is such an uncomfortable experience! If you still need another quote, consider the Toyota Certified Pre-Owned program. It's a wonderful way to save some money. Welcome to PriusChat. Once you've got your Prius, this forum is a wonderful resource for an opinion!