1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to buy 07 Touring wheel covers

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by RexChu, Jun 28, 2007.

1. RexChu

RexChu New Member

:(
    Score:
    Curb 1
    Wheel cover 0

I came too close to the curb and scratched the crud out of one of my front wheel covers.

Does anyone have any extras? 1,2 3 , heck, I'll even buy the whole set if available.

On a side note, if the Touring model is supposed to be top of the line, shouldn't we have alloy wheels rather than wheel covers? Of course, if this were true, I'd be looking for a new *wheel* than just a cover, so I'll just shut up...

Post here or PM me.

Thanks!

2. dmclennan

dmclennan New Member

I'd be interested in 1 or 2, if available, as spare/insurance!

3. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

4. PLMurphy

PLMurphy New Member

Just for you! I have 8 new Prius wheelcovers. Why? :eek:

Did you know that your touring model's cool looking alloys are covered up by wheel covers? Both of our Touring models were delivered with silver wheel covers--huh! The dealer was surprised when I had them taken off to reveal great looking grey new style 16" alloys. He put Toyota hubcaps on the axle ends for free.

Unless you dislike alloys, why do you need wheelcovers? :D

5. jobymarie

jobymarie jobymarie

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PLM @ Jun 30 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]470786[/snapback]</div>

I am getting a touring prius next week, just waiting for it to be delivered. I have a question about the toyota hubcaps, and keep in mind I have no idea really what I am talking about-so sorry if this sounds silly. I would like to take off the silver wheel covers and let the alloys shine-but do I need to take it to a dealer and have them do it, so they can but on toyota hubcaps? Do you have to put on hubcaps? Thanks for your help!

6. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jobymarie @ Jun 30 2007, 08:37 PM) [snapback]470795[/snapback]</div>
    Nope they just pop right off.

7. RexChu

RexChu New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PLM @ Jun 30 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]470786[/snapback]</div>
    I'll run outside and pop them off (if it ever stops raining here) and see how the car looks with grey alloy wheels.

I love alloys! I just like the lighter silver alloy look that some of the 2006 models had.

Out of curiousity, how much would you want for 4 of them?

8. PLMurphy

PLMurphy New Member

I'll run outside and pop them off (if it ever stops raining here) and see how the car looks with grey alloy wheels.

I love alloys! I just like the lighter silver alloy look that some of the 2006 models had.

Out of curiousity, how much would you want for 4 of them?
    [/quote]

JUST FOR YOU, HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF WHAT IS UNDERNEATH YOUR WHEELCOVERS--16" ALLOYS!

[attachmentid=9350][attachmentid=9349]

Attached Files:

9. RexChu

RexChu New Member

PLM,

I just PM you.

rex-n-efx

10. RexChu

RexChu New Member

PLM,

I'm interested!!!

Please PM me! I left you a PM yesterday. :)

11. mmoncur

mmoncur New Member

I'm also interested in 1 or 2 Touring Edition wheel covers - I lost one of mine. Please PM if anyone has some to sell.

12. Lindon

Lindon New Member

Before we bought our 2008 Prius Touring I was shocked to see the wheel covers. The sales person said it was for protection which didn't satisfy my curiosity. I contacted Toyota Corp. about the covers and it was indicated the original design purpose was to improve aerodynamics. Whatever the reason, I can live with them, although from pictures I've seen the alloy wheels look nice. Our son thinks I'm being anal retentive which may be a symptom from becoming more "green".

13. PLMurphy

PLMurphy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lindon @ Oct 8 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]522864[/snapback]</div>
    Why would you want to cover up the good looking alloys? We had the dealer remove the wheelcovers, then sold them through Prius Chat. Pressure the dealer into giving you 4 center hubcaps in the alloys. They will look sharp ;)

14. eclipse3g

eclipse3g Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have any 08 Touring wheel covers ready for a new home?