1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to buy a 2018 Advanced Trim by End of December

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Heedunk, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Heedunk

Heedunk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I am looking to buy a 2018 Advanced trim by end of the year and I have a few questions.

1. Will 2019 models by available in November? If so, will 2018 models be discounted?
    2. What are the typical end of the year deals (e.g. rebates, credits, etc.)?
    3. What's the best Toyota dealer to give my business to in the Bay Area?
    4. Should I get pre-approval for a loan from the local bank or credit union or use Toyota financing? I have excellent credit and looking to put down $20,000. I did some basic due diligence and APRs are like 4.9%. That seems high to me...
    5. This will be my first new car, so any tips and pointers on the car buying process would be appreciated. Note: I already been researching via Google here and there.

Looking to join the Prius family soon! Thanks.

2. eroeder

eroeder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    2018s didn’t come out until Feb/Mar of 2018, so 2019s should be similar. I believe 2019 same style with maybe CarPlay and a few other cosmetic changes.

Not many deals offered beyond $500 off for mil or student.

Not from Bay Area

Go with best rate you can find. Apply around all the same day so it will be a single inquiry on you credit rating and not lower you FICO score. Credit unions usually best, but depends. Sometimes Toyota has great rates, but not on Primes when I bought so went with my bank.

Not much haggling with this car. Sticker price and little off (don’t get suckered into a “market premium” taking you way above sticker. I saw in 2018 a prime in Florida dealership for 52k due to 20k mark up since not many primes in florida at the time). I think some East coast locations have some deals, but in my area nothing.

3. Heedunk

Heedunk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Thanks for the info. Kind of a bummer with no deals. I saw people getting advanced models for 30k otd in a few threads here. Maybe I can hold out for 2019 models. I want a good deal and am willing to wait.

coach81 likes this.
  4. 2015BlizzardPriusFour

2015BlizzardPriusFour Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Can’t comment much on the details of specials and upcoming model (haven’t researched since we’ll be keeping our ‘17 for many years).

As far as dealers, we were in the San Jose area coming back from vacation and stopped at Toyota Sunnyvale so my partner could take another/closer look at a Prime advanced. He decided he liked it and took time to see if they could work out numbers.

They gave us above KBB on our ‘15 Prius four (with slight cosmetic damage in 2 spots), came back with what we felt was a fair price on the advanced and at the time had 0% for 72 months. Our payment went down about $4/month and of course gas savings made money sense. Insurance went up $6 or $8 a year.

Had a few optional accessories on it like the aero side splitters, rear bumper appliqué, the door spears, all weather mats, and door edge guards. Our total financed was just shy of $34,500.

iPad ?

5. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    in NJ, the 2018's already have a $3500 manufacturer rebate... (of course you'd have to drive it back or pay someone to get it back for you.. still probably cheaper though).

6. Heedunk

Heedunk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited

7. Heedunk

Heedunk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Thanks. Looks like I’ll have to pay msrp unless I want to look for a deal in another state.