1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to buy a Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Camille087, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Camille087

Camille087 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hello there all you lucky Prius owners..

I am very interested in buying a Prius. I currently drive a 2002 Dodge Intrepid which is OK on gas but not great and it's actually starting to have engine issues after 7 years.

So after having test driven 2 Prii (is that term correct, by the way?) I absolutely love the car and want to buy one, but still have some questions. Maybe you all can help me out.

1.) I want to get a color that kind of stands out. I mostly see Silver or Magnetic Gray ones when I'm out driving, but the other day I saw a Spectra dark blue one driving on the freeway and really liked it. I know those are hard to find, though, so I'm now crossed between Silver Pine Mica or Barcelona Red, leaning more toward Pine. What are your guys' opinions on color? should i hold out for a Spectra Blue?

2.) I think I'd go for a package 2 since it is cheaper, but are packages 5/6 really worth it with the navigation system and bluetooth?

and 3.) I may actually go for a used one just to save $$. Do any of your own a used Prius (2004-current) and what has been your experience with the car thus far?

I really appreciate your input. Thanks and look forward to reading your responses!

2. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, go for the WHITE, and a Touring if you can find one. Play like Nike and JUST DO IT!:amen:

3. Chromedragon

Chromedragon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I say go for it. New or used the Dealers are working there tails off to sell deals are to be had and you will not be disappointed.

4. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hard for others to give any real advise on color choices, it's purely a matter of taste. I have the pine and love it, looks green in daylight and silver at night. And it doesn't show dirt too badly compared to darker colors. But the blue and red are nice, and I even saw a black one that looked great despite the fact that I'm not nuts about black for cars, unless you have a full time butler/chauffer to wash and wax it every day or two.

Package 2 is plenty IMHO. I'm not fixated on leather. And you can buy a great little portable Garmin or similar GPS with Bluetooth if that is something you want, for a small fraction the price of the built-in stuff, and I've heard that the Toyota navigation system is not, at least at this time, updatable. Plus, at the time I wanted to buy a $20K car, not a $30K one. Maybe the difference isn't that great, but a 2 can be had, depending on the deal you get, for around $22K and a 5 or 6 seems to be up in the $27K area.