1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking To Buy Gen3 Auction

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kgorczyn, Jan 29, 2016.

1. kgorczyn

kgorczyn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Greetings Everyone!

I currently have a 2011 Prius three, not III because only 2010 used uppercase Roman numerals for model designation, Solar, 70k miles - have had it for 15 months now and have put 23k miles on it. Love the car, only issue has been the 12v Battery needing replacement.

I am looking to purchase another Prius, but instead of going to dealer like last time, I am going to purchase via Manheim Action. Friend is a dealer so he will be with me to make the purchase. Post sale reports show many 2012 models selling for under 10k, and 2011 and 2010 down to 7k (with around 100k+ miles.)

My question is, are there any tools, ODB2, Bluetooth, etc. scanners that I can check the cars with prior to bidding? Anything that will give me condition/status of battery or any error codes that might not trigger a check engine light? I have an android phone and I use torque for basic info but I was looking for something more in-depth. There will be a good 30-40 Prii at the action and I just want to make sure I don't pick the wrong one ;-)

2. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can't help the code scanning stuff but, make sure you register at owners.Toyota.com. You can plug the vin in and view the Toyota service records for each vin.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mini VCI and an old Windows 7 32 bit OS laptop

4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    To read the OBDII port you need the vehicle in ready state.