1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to buy my first Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by aljorma, Apr 16, 2008.

1. aljorma

aljorma New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi I'm Fred I live in The Boston area. I've decided to buy a new Prius.
    I'm thinking of the touring with the Option A which gives you the Smart Key System and Vehicle Stability Control. The price (MSRP) for this configuration was $24605 at the Toyota site. I've sent a request to a local dealer to better this price.
    I always liked the Idea of the Prius but wasn't ready to consider one
    untill I sat in one at the auto show, and realized how big this car actually is inside.

Well that's my introduction. Hope to be back to bring you my experience with the dealers.

PS: Would appreciate any discussion with your experience.

2. Austin50mpg

Austin50mpg Prius Driving Right Winger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Option A has a lot of overpriced items. If you want to get a low price go with no package at all and purchase the items later for less $$. The mid base hatchback comes with smart key.

You get VSC with package 2 and get a cool backup camera with the package. You also get Aux miniplug and Tonneau cover. All for only $575 MSRP vs $1060 for option A.

The best suggestion is to get some hood protection before you leave or soon after you leave the dealer's lot. The Prius hood has a large invisible magnet which attracks every rock and piece of garbage on the highway :). Seriously get some sort of hood protection soon after delivery. You can check the forums here for hood protection and get some ideas. I didn't and now my 2 1/2 week old Prius has the hood of a 2 year old Prius.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V