1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to get a 07 model or 2010 model

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dcsleeper408, Apr 1, 2012.

1. dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everybody!
    my name is Mark and I am currently in the market for an older model 2007 fully loaded, premium white Prius w/ 110k miles for $12k
    or
    hopefully get a low interest rate from my bank(Credit isn't great) and get the 2011 Prius, premium white, with the basic power windows(not fully loaded) 36k miles for $20k

and what steps should i take to ensure i won't be getting a lemon. other that run the vin and take it to a local dealership.

I've been lurking this past few weeks and read on the newer 1.8 compared to the older 1.5 engine. I mainly want the 2010 model based off of looks and available parts (TRD Suspension kit)
    If anyone can help w/ some opinions.
    It would be greatly appreciated.

2. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well if you get the 2011 it will still have warranty left on it, and the 2007 will not. Also you will get a better interest rate on a used 2011 vs a used 2007. A used 2011 should fall in line pretty close to the rate you would get on a new 2011. If you get one from a Toyota dealer it would probably be a certified used, which usually adds to the warranty and they do a pretty thorough inspection to make sure everything is in working order.