1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looking to pick up a 2007 prius with 212k miles and a bad cell

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by gablekevin, Mar 3, 2017.

1. gablekevin

gablekevin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    One of my best friends in selling his 07 Prius with 212k miles and one bad cell ( according to dealer) and he said he could $2k for it (possibly get him to $1900) i currently dont have a car and this seems like a decent deal im just really worried about something else going bad immediately. I know with his Job almost all of those miles are highway miles with the occasional traffic.

Would it be worth it if i paid $1900 and got a Dorman battery for it (carparts.*** seems the cheapest with a code i can get it for about $1150) or if anybody else knows of an outfit that could do a battery cheaper in the Inland Empire of Southern California.

Should i even bother with this deal or should i just get a lowish mile corolla or civic and call it a day.

2. kinglew

kinglew Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    sounds like a good plan i had good luck with my dorman battery. i paid 1305 for mine at summit auto parts

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    if you have no spare cash for future repairs, i would get the cheapest most reliable, lowest cost to rear car i could find.
    but with $3,000., it's going to be an enormous task. all the best!(y)