1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Trade Looking to trade for a Prius

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by sarasebastian, Aug 31, 2010.

1. sarasebastian

sarasebastian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not sure if there would be any interest, but we thought we would ask. We are looking to trade our 2005 MINI Cooper S (we bought it new, so only one owner) for a Prius. We discovered that the rear facing baby seat will not fit in the back seat of the MINI, so we are looking for our second Prius (we already have a 2010 Prius II and love it!). Here are the details on the MINI:

• 61,450 miles (may go up slightly since the MINI is my wife’s daily driver)
    • British racing green with white roof and mirror caps
    • Clean Carfax
    • Have all records and maintenance is up to date (next service is not needed for another 15,000 miles)
    • Garage kept and always pampered
    • Supercharged, intercooled 1.6 liter engine - a lot of FUN to drive!
    • 6 speed manual transmission
    • Power windows and locks, ABS and traction control
    • MiniDoMore receiver installed – allows you to tow a small trailer or carry bikes in a hitch-mounted bike carrier – completely invisible when not in use.

We are asking $13,200, but will consider a trade for any Prius. If it is worth more than the MINI, we would be willing to put up $$$ to make up the difference between the third party blue book value of the MINI and the Prius (or vice versa if the MINI is worth more). We are located in the Washington DC area.

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    actually, we got a coupla prius haters here who may be VERY interested in your mini. does it handle like an audi?:)

1 person likes this.
  3. sarasebastian

sarasebastian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have not been in a newer audi so I am not sure, but MINI's marketing comparison to a grown up go-kart is right on. :)

4. gobux

gobux Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks pretty cool. I have a 2005 Toyota Prius, 85k .. interested?

5. sarasebastian

sarasebastian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you for the offer, but we will pass on this specifc Prius. I saw your earlier post on 8/29/10:

"1 - Although the Carfax was "Clean".. something is wrong.
    * The gas tank opener opens like it doesn't even fit the vehicle
    * There is RUST underneath the seats! yes, the metal under the seats have spots of rust. How in the world could this happen?
    * The door makes a hollow thud when open and shut. Hard to explain..

2. It only averages 41.7mpg (I glide a ton!) I don't know if this is really low but yeah..

3. I had to replace the both wheel hub assemblies, rotors, and brake pads in the front. The mechanic said the wheel hubs were so rusted he had to heat it up with a torch to pry it off!"

We are concerned about the prior history (or lack of it) of this specific one.

6. gobux

gobux Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL. I was going to get to that. :) I bet you could get a very decent offer from Carmax for your car and probably get a 2007 for an even trade?

I love the mini cooper.. I wish I had a better prius to trade!

7. sarasebastian

sarasebastian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We are thinking of going to Carmax if nothing works out in the next few weeks - I saw that they are selling similar MINI's for 3-4K above KBB - although I doubt it means a lot when it comes to the price they will pay for your car. :( Worth trying to post here before going to Carmax in case someone fell out of love with their Prius and is looking for something different.

8. jayrider

jayrider Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This will cost you nothing. Go to truecar and plug in the prius you want for your zipcode. You will get a great price on a new one -- the 2010 is worth it--they will give a local dealer source for you to contact. Do the numbers yourself on KBB and hold firm on the trade in price they give you on your mini. You save the sales tax on the trade so you could add that to the price of your car hypothetically. There are loads of prius's on the lots around here and dealers are really looking to move cars. That's what I did and I did as well as I've ever done in car buying. Good luck.

9. sarasebastian

sarasebastian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you for the tip. We used truecar when we bought our other car (the 2010 Prius) last Fall - we read the tip in this forum back then. :)

I can't agree with you more re: the 2010 Prius.

10. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I traded in my 08 Cooper S and they raped me on it...I went to 3 different dealers and couldn't get NEAR KBB/NADA/Edmunds trade-in value.

to see what your car is REALLY WORTH -- go to ebay and check COMPLETED items.

also look on autotrader for what your year MINI C's are going for....not very much :(

11. sarasebastian

sarasebastian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: Looking to trade for a Prius (Traded)

I ended up trading the MINI for a 2010 Prius II today. Thank you for all the tips.

12. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Use blackbook, blue book is useless

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Re: Looking to trade for a Prius (Traded)

congrats and :welcome: best move you ever made!!!:)

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    busted.:rockon::D:eek: