1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Looks like I'm finally going to be able to pick up my Prius!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jrmason, Mar 10, 2008.

1. jrmason

jrmason New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi all!

I have been waiting and waiting for the seller of this '06 white Prius to get the title so I could purchase his car. Now he finally has it and it looks like at the end of this week it could be sitting in my driveway!! I am really looking forward to this. I still have not seen the car in person so this could be premature. I guess we'll see!

Jon

2. bonshawman

bonshawman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    YOu'll love the car (so long as this one is in good shape). I'd be interested to know how it does in the snow. I was born and raised in NH but now live in Miami.

3. jrmason

jrmason New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi Bonshawman

I was behind a Prius one bad snow storm and watched it spin out and face the other direction on a bad section of Route 9 in Sullivan. My girlfriend was driving her Honda Accord a few car lengths behind. I guess they didn't really understand the way to drive in the snow around here. I'm hoping that by having this regenerative braking effect that it doesn't have a dragging effect on the wheels too much to alter "typical" car handling in the snow. In other words causing the wheels to slow or slide therefore loosing the steering effect that you can do while on ice or snow.

Already buying things for it and I haven't even picked it up yet!
    I found a service manual CD on E-bay for it. This is a must have.

Jon

4. scotttyb68

scotttyb68 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got rid of a Stratus, (I've had a few) last month. It's been snowing like heck here in MI. I can tell you that My Prius handled like a dream in several little storms here. Way better than any of my old Dodges. I actually feel safer in it. The traction control works real well too. I kinda feel sorry for all those warm weather drivers who'll never get to experience these things.