1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loose Passenger side mirror

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Devil's Advocate, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    After 114,000 miles something is coming loose.
    The black triangle of plastic around the passenger side mirror has started to seperate from the car!

Has anyone experienced this? It is making a lot of wind noise. Something that is no needed for a car with so little sound dampening.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    IIRC, someone ripped off their side mirror on a garage door frame. Search for mirror replacement and you'll probably find it. I think there are three screws/bolts accessible from inside the door that holds the mirror on tight. Good luck.

3. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    THanks Bill,
    but I may not have been to clear, I should try and get a picture, but the mirror itself seems to be ok, its the black triangular cover that covers the mirror's mounting point that seems to be seperating. It just may be that the mounting tabs have vibrated loose or cracked off. Probably cracked off because pushing the cover it doesn't lock into place when I push the cover back on.

4. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Jul 31 2007, 02:33 PM) [snapback]488205[/snapback]</div>
    Do a search on "signal mirror" and look for the thread with lots of replies. Lots of discussion about removing/replacing the mirror. Having done so, I cannot imagine how the mirror could be firmly attached and the mount/trim is loose. I think you can look at this without pulling the door panel, but you will probably have to remove the mirror to recover the top clip of the inside triangular trim piece as it almost always falls off and ends up behind the exterior triangular mirror mount.

Be careful with the torque on the mirror nuts as you can break the bolts if you overtighten them.

[attachmentid=10299]

- Tom

Attached Files:

• Door.jpg
      Door.jpg
      File size:
      44.7 KB
      Views: