1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

losing profile/ unforced infotainment resets w/ Android

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Audio, Electronics and Infotainment' started by jeremnyc, Jan 12, 2024.

1. jeremnyc

jeremnyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone else have issues with your infotainment system losing your profile occasionally. I'm at @ 5k miles and 3 months of ownership and it has happened 3 or 4 times.

It presents as: you start the car and see your profile preferences as loading, but then, poof, gone. Back to the original login where you have to test the code or scan the screen.

I do see it happens more if I have a short stop, like for gas and the phone is connected to charge via USBC terminal ( not the data link.)

Each time, I have to add the profile back, though the WiFi and phone seems to be in the system still. I get an email from Toyota that I removed a car from my app.

Unusual have to turn the car off to the add the phone.

This is annoying because I have to reset my settings for the car, like 0 second delay on lights off when exiting and turn off the back seat reminder etc...

Thanks-

2. sclevine

sclevine Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I have not had that issue, but for me it has just been 1 month. The whole thing is very buggy. Sometimes my Bluetooth doesn't connect. It was incredibly difficult to add a 2nd profile to the car. And sometimes my volume locks up (can't change it) for minutes at a time.

3. luiset83

luiset83 Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    For me (Galaxy S23 Ultra) it's that (wireless) Android Auto sometimes fails to connect -- the fix is to restart the phone (or use it straight as BT) and then re-connect again. Every now and then also when it does load, the steering wheel control works to go to the phone dialing, but if I try to use my finger to touch the screen, it doesn't recognize the any touch input, at that point a radio re-set fixes it, but can cause (wireless) Android Auto to not load as well. Assuming that eventually they'll have a software upgrade that fixes stuff like that.

4. jeremnyc

jeremnyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just happened again. I had to shut off the car and re add my phone again. The profile remained this time...

5. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    If you can find a USB-C charge only cable or just Bluetooth in. I'm assuming your phone is injecting data and confusing the head unit.
    I had a similar problem on my gen4, wasn't using the data port either. Once I attached with a charge only cable or use a charging pad - I've only had my head unit reset once with no explanation, in the last 3 years.

Hope this helps...

6. jeremnyc

jeremnyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, you're on to something.

I see an alert from the Toyota app in my notifications: BLE Service
    Head Unit Connected.

But I'm not sure the USB in port fixes it. The first few times the issue presented, it was when I had my phone already attached to the USB data port while I started up

7. Wieland

Wieland New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Ditto ... The infotainment system on this car is the worst I have ever had. It good news is that they can correct it with a software update.

8. SnakeKeeper

SnakeKeeper New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Yep, I’ve had my 2024 XLE for about 24 hours now and I’ve already surmised that the infotainment system is horrible. Multiple disconnects (or failure to connect at startup) while using Android Auto already. Lots of fun while you’re navigating. Very disappointing.

9. jeremnyc

jeremnyc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I noticed that it has more issues when there are two or more Bluetooth devices in the vicinity...