1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Loss in Fuel economy and battery going down

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by ter426, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ter426

ter426 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi
    First does anyone recommend a dealer service in the SF bay area that really seems to know what they are doing (prefer 80 corridor). Sad to ask as I have always been pleased with Toyota service and support everywhere - but - am having a problem with my Prius and am very dissappointed. The car is barely under warranty and so I need a Toyota service center thanks.

The problem: 1) a significant drop in mileage-averaged 45-47 mpg on my usual commmute. Recently have seen 20 - 30 mpg. 2) Additionally had warining light about battery and 3) see the battery energy level drop significantly...such that I am worried to drive in rush hour! -Times when things are worse - heat waves and traffic jams....even without air or lights....

The reason I am disappointed in my current dealer service. Dropped car off for service...gave them more than a week to fix as they needed to discuss with toyota.. They said it was all fixed. Got in my car to drive away. The battery had less than 1 bar of energy even though service said that they charged the battery and it had not been driven by me. Pointed it ou before I left...they guy acted like he could not understand me. He says I need to bring the car back next Tues when he can talk with Toyota about it. I drove it away and became even more annoyed when I noticed they put 45 miles on my car while they had it and only averaged 33MPG....Can not understand how ethcically the person who is their "prius expert" could say it was fixed. I think the guy does not know what he is doing.. Need to find someone who does. I loved the car until now but I don't have time to spend at the dealer.

I would appreciate if someone out there can provide:
    >Any names of Toyota service shops who really knows these Cars?
    >Any thoughts about what was going on that is causing my problem?
    When the "Prius Expert" said it was fixed he charged the battery and adjusted some kind of settings for the system to charge the battery...worried about what else is now screwed up in this process!

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Art's Automotive?

Bob Wilson

3. solster

solster New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I recommend both the hayward and dublin toyota dealers. They were really good and fast. Hayward is better priced and easier to schedule an appointment.
    However they are not in the 80 corridor...