1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost SAT screens

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by clairdesol, Jun 10, 2007.

1. clairdesol

clairdesol New Member

My XM went away the other day, and won't come back. When I power the car on, power on the radio, all I get when I repeatedly push the AM button is AM instead of the SAT screens I used to get. Every time I start up the car, I try again, but no change. I have 07 package 2 with after market Terk XM installed by a local shop. It worked fine for about 9000 miles, except for the usual expected dropoffs caused by cliffs, tunnels, tall buildings. Occasionally, when I had one of those dropoffs, I lost the SAT connection and had to actually stop the car and power off and back on, but it always came back. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think it's electrical. If your sat receiver is connected (securely plugged in to the back of the radio), you should see the SAT screen. If the plug is loose, there's no connection and no screen. I'd go back to the people who installed it and ask them about the quality of the installation, nicely.

Welcome to PriusChat!

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clairdesol @ Jun 10 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]459302[/snapback]</div>

Bad module. I'd have it replaced. Who made it?