1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Sep 20, 2004.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was reading the thread about the “Sky Captain†movie and remembered another movie that I want to get the word out about. It’s called “The Lost Skeleton of Cadavraâ€.

It was originally produced and released as an independent film. But then Sony picked it up and released it. A friend of mine heard about it and we rented the DVD. I don’t think it was ever really released to large-scale theaters, so I’m sure that finding it might be difficult. But it’s worth the search.

I don’t want to give away too much of it, but here’s the gist: this guy and his friends are fanatics of the black-n-white “B movies†with very low production costs and terrible acting, inconceivable plots, and unbelievable monsters. So they decided to make one. Not a spoof of the B-movies, but a bona fide B movie. You can go to http://www.lostskeleton.com and look at its website.

If you are looking for a serious movie, look elsewhere, but if you have a few friends, a few beers, and a weird sense of humor, this is a must see movie.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I heard that it's as if someone tried to recreate the kind of bad, cheap 50s B&W sci-fi movie that gets spoofed on Mystery Science Theater 3000 -- but without a wink or a nod to the audience.

Like, striving to perfectly recreate a Bert I. Gordon film.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's available on Netflix. (www.netflix.com) I think you can browse the site and watch the trailer without joining, though I'm not certain of that.

Judging by the trailer, it could be as good as Attack of the Killer Tomatos. Guess I'll have to rent it.

4. Porky Pine

Porky Pine New Member

Don't bother. I watched a little of it on vidoe on demand and turned it off after a half hour. It would have been better if it had actually tried to be a spoof but it falls flat in that regard.

5. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The warning comes too late. It's been shipped and I should get it tomorrow. (It wouldn't be the first bad movie I've rented.) I'll post my opinion here once I've seen it.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The problem with video on demand, Porky, is that you don't get the extras. There are, like, less than ten actors/actresses in the entire movie. Some of which have been in high-budget, high profit films. This all comes out in the extras.

When the director was giving instruction to the guy playing the park rancher, for example, it went something like this:
    Director: Here's your inspiration: this film crew came here to shoot a movie and the guy who was supposed to play the Park Ranger got sick. Desperite, they grabbed you, a real Park Ranger to fill in. You've never acted before and are afraid of the camera. And don't move too much.
    Actor: But. That would make me a really bad actor.
    Director: THAT'S IT!! Exactly!!

As I said in the original post, the intent was to make a bad movie with bad actors and bad special effects. You have to keep that mentality when you watch it. Also that they are driving a car that wasn't built until four years after the movie takes place, the space ship was made from toilet paper rolls, and the monster has to stop and catch his breath during the big chase scene.

It's all in fun. No academy award here!
    And drink! It's funnier when you drink!

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The fact that it's on video-on-demand is not encouraging. I signed up for a 7-day free trial and cancelled it after 3 days. I could not find a single thing worth watching. (Not to mention that even at their highest feed rate the quality was mediocre. In theory it could be a good idea, but it sure ain't gonna lure me away from Netflix.)

Once I get around to watching it I'll post my opinion. The trailer looked pretty amusing, anyway.

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Okay, I just watched it, and I loved it! The character of Animarla really makes the film. The supper sequence with her and the aliens is pure genius!