1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost Smart Key

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by jackowens, Feb 11, 2006.

1. jackowens

jackowens New Member

Dear Friends,

I misplaced the smart key of my 2005 Prius, but believe it's somewhere in one of the rooms in my house.

Since it apparently emits a continuous signal to open the car door and start the engine, is there a way of detecting its location by means of that emitted signal?

Regards to all,

Jack Owens

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    from all info i've heard.. no. If it's close to the car.. like.. 5 feet away.. then sure.. you'll have the interior light light up or something.. otherwise i've never heard of someone tracking down a lost fob. A lot of old fashion searching i guess.

3. sweden prius

sweden prius New Member

Could you bring the car into the house? :p

4. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My understanding is that the FOB only listens for the signal coming from a Prius. If it hears one and recognizes it as being the correct one, then it transmits a reply. This is why it is recommended that if you should turn off the SKS system if the car is not going to be used for a couple of weeks. Otherwise, the continuous transmisions from the car may adversely drain the auxilliary battery.