1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost the back of my passenger side-view mirror

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by LoraJ, Jan 30, 2020.

1. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Yesterday, my mirror accidentally hit a construction barrel that was sticking out further than the others. When it hit, my mirror flipped in and I didn't think much of it. When I got to work, I noticed the back of the mirror was gone. It looks like a piece you can get and just snap on.

I have a 2018 Prime.

Is this something I can order myself? I doubt my dealership has the part laying around. Or should go to the Toyota body shop?

2. illumiN8i

illumiN8i Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You can search online for part number 87915-47070 but you'll have to find the right color.

LoraJ likes this.
  3. Chazman62

Chazman62 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    On eBay you can even buy a different color cover like (fake) carbon fiber, chrome, etc. for Prime.

LoraJ likes this.
  4. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thank you!!!

5. Jon Bloom

Jon Bloom Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I knocked mine off leaving the garage one day. (Lame, I know.) I didn't notice the back was off until a couple of days later. Then I found the parts in the garage; the shell had fallen behind a mop and the faux chrome trim piece had fallen into the bucket where I keep the driveway deicer. It all snapped back together with no problem. I was worried that the latch points on either the mirror, trim or cover might have broken, but that doesn't seem to have happened. Hopefully, you will be similarly fortunate.