1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lost web page technical reference

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by DaveGraham, May 9, 2011.

1. DaveGraham

DaveGraham New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been doing some research on the use of a Prius engine and powertrain for electric boat applications. Amongst the 3 million or so references to the Prius on the web I found some really excellent technical information for future examination but I've managed to lose the bookmarks to them. (Actually it was one of those weird Windows things where the computer starts to download the history of the universe or recalculate pi to 8 trillion decimal places and just stops anything else for a few days).
    All I can remember about the two that I really want to get back to is .... .
    Number 1 was very long, all on one page and was laid out on a yellow / ochre coloured background - there were some really excellent comparisons of hybrid versus non- hybrid versions of the same vehicles and some discussion of the Prius inverter changes.
    Number 2 was a fairly scholarly examination of the powertrain written by someone who perhaps was not a native english speaker and the text was accompanied by some very good solid models of aspects of the HSD.
    Not a lot to go on I agree but if someone does remember seeing these and have a URL then I would be inordinately grateful. And yes, I know I should have had history turned on and backed up my bookmarks immediately and be able to remember more about them and it's my fault for using a Windows machine without the /working reliably/ option installed but I didn't and I'm hoping one of you generous and knowledgeable users can help me out.

Thanks in advance for your help Dave .

Oh and I have searched the forums (fora) here for a few hours and not managed to find anything that would help.

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Why Prius HSD for this? Why not Honda IMA? IMA is modular and more general purpose, whereas the inverter, transaxle and HV ECU are tightly integrated and highly proprietary. People talk about sandwiching the IMA electric motors together for EV apps, while no one that I know of has put the Prius HSD in anything other than a Prius. Sorry that I can't help with the missing links.